Thursday, August 12, 2010

:(....8/11/10

Dear God,
Yesterday, you decided to take home two loved ones from the Ross Family. Southern was only 6 years old and the only son of my dear friend, April. Not only did you take Southern but you also took April's father, Dan, with him.  It's with a VERY heavy heart that I come to you and beg that you'll wrap your gentle, loving arms around April, Anna, and Sandra tightly and give them a peace that passes all understanding. My mind can't and doesn't want to fathom the great amount of grief they're experiencing right now.  I know that you have the power to give and take away because EVERYTHING is yours anyway.  It just doesn't seem fair or time to take them from this earth to be with you so soon.  I also know that in time you will provide them with healing.  Please Lord show them that even though they may not see or understand it right now, that you do have a plan and a purpose for their lives.  Please be their calm in the midst of this storm and allow them to feel your presence.  In Jesus name, I pray.

Amen

1 comment:

Laura said...

C- that was a lovely prayer. One I've been praying since I heard. I'm so thankful that I got the chance to know Dan while growing up, and eat his blueberry pancakes. As much as it hurts to know what our friends are going through, it always reminds me to be a lot more thankful for the time I have with my family when I do after something like this. I hope all is well with you and Justin and baby J! Hugs!