Friday, July 25, 2008

Cleaning...ugh!

Well, I just finished washing my kitchen floor by hand. It's been really dirty for quite some time now but I've just been too lazy to clean it and a regular moping just won't get it clean enough. My neice Hailey helped me finish it.

Now I've gotta tackle Mount Busch that's been piling up in my bedroom. I don't know what it is about folding and putting away clean laundry that has me stunted but it does. *Sigh* I know I'm not the only person that feels that way. I just wish there was some way that I could do a load from start to finish without hesitation or reserve. Maybe it's the whole, 8-step process that makes it difficult to want to finish. First you have to gather all the dirty laundry, then seperate the clothes by color, then put them in the washer, then wait for the washer to finish, then (when you remember) put the clothes from the washer to the dryer, then wait for them to finish drying, then you have to fold or hang them, then you have to put them up. By the time I finish all of those steps, I've lost sight of the goal and have moved on to something a little more "time gratifying." The sad thing is that right now, most of my laundry is clean, it just needs to be hung up or folded and then put away. I can't seem to get the motivation necessary to make that happen. Oh well, enough complaining about my laziness.

I'm going to try and tackle my bathroom sometime this weekend. ***Interesting fact: Blonde's have more hair folicles than brunettes.*** With that being said and me being a blonde, I find that my hair falls out in larger quantities than most so it's ALL over the place. It's a pain to clean hair up off the floor, as most of you women know. I've found that using a vacuum is the best way to get rid of hair on the floor. If you try to use the broom, it gets stuck to the bristles and then you have to remove the hair balls and put them in trash or toilet. Gross! The vacuum is just more sanitary to me. Then there's the toilet, sinks, and bath tub/shower that need to be cleaned. By the time I finally get to these areas of my bathroom, I start to feel overwhelmed and want to quit. But no one will do it for me so I usually continue until the task is done. All this to say, I'm not looking forward to cleaning this weekend. It's just one of those necessary evils in life.

1 comment:

Michael Paine said...

I totally know about the whole hair thing. Growing up I would almost trip on the hair you left lying around. It would get wrapped in my toes and stuff LOL! I guess that is what happens when you have hair that is a mile long. You know that geological wonder you have growing in your house. I generally have one of those at least once a week. I think the intrepidation come from the fact that the drawers are full and you have no where to put all these clothes. I find that is where my problem comes to a head. The solution: go through the closet and get rid of stuff. You know those skinny jeans you are hanging on to. Toss them and when you get down to that size, treat yourself to some new ones that are in style :) girl. It is all about motivation and non-food rewards. So who cleans there bathrooms anymore LOL I like to see which fungus wins over the other LOL JK! Good luck and kudos to scrubbing the floor don't you feel accomplished!